Poster Session Presenter Guidelines
Poster session location:
Outside of the exhibit hall in Salon FGHI on the lower/ballroom level of
the Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront hotel, 1401 SW Naito Parkway,
Portland, OR, 97201.
Poster Sessions: Thursday, August 7, 2014 between 4:30 and 6:00
PM and during exhibit hall hours Friday August 8th and Saturday,
To locate your
assigned poster board on the day of your presentation, look for the board
marked with the number.
Those who are
presenting posters must be present in the exhibit hall area during the hours it is
Prepare Your Poster
- Place the title of your paper prominently at the top of
the poster board to allow viewers to identify your paper
- Highlight the authors’ names and contact information in
case the viewer is interested in more information
- Prepare diagrams or charts legibly in a size sufficient
to be read at a distance of 2 meters.
- Paragraph and figure captions should be at least in a
24-point font (0.9 cm height) and headers at least in a 36-point font (1.2
cm height). Be creative by using different font sizes and styles, perhaps
- When working with graphs or charts, use different
colors and textures/symbols for each line or bar.
- Use a serif font (e.g., Times New Roman) or a non-serif
font (e.g., Arial or Helvetica)
- Organize the presentation so it is clear, orderly, and
- Use squares, rectangles, circles, etc., to group
similar ideas. Avoid cluttering your poster with too much text. Label
different elements as I, II, III; or 1, 2, 3; or A, B, C, making it easier
for a viewer to follow your display
- Include the background of your research followed by materials
and methods including statistical methods, results and conclusions. A
successful poster presentation depends on how well you convey information
to an interested audience
Remove Your Poster
Posters must be
removed by 1:00 P.M Saturday August 9th. Posters remaining after
this time will be removed and recycled.
Poster Help Booth
Registration Booth for help.