SFT Member Benefits
The Society for Theriogenology welcomes all licensed veterinarians and veterinary students who have a special interest in the area of reproduction in domestic species. Before applying for membership, we invite you to review the Objectives or Membership Categories of the Society for Theriogenology.
Benefits of SFT Membership
The Society for Theriogenology offers opportunities to expand your network and build professional relationships that will benefit you and your reproductive practice.
• Website - The SFT website provides a wealth of information for members including the membership directory, CE opportunities, career center for job opportunities, ability to search past copies of the Clinical Theriogenology journal, option to pay member dues and register for the annual Therio Conference online, as well as view society position statements and other tools for the reproductive veterinarian. There is also a reproductive veterinarian/procedures search which is available for the general public to use in finding a reproductive veterinarian in their area.
• Access to Texas A&M University Medical Library - In a collaborative effort to enhance the access of veterinary practitioners to information and published evidence, the Medical Sciences Library at Texas A&M University and SFT have developed a mutually beneficial arrangement for MSL services. This means SFT members now have access to the A&M MSL's electronic articles free of charge. SFT members can access the Texas A&M library upon registration and verification. Click here to register.
• Career Center – Looking for a job? Need a new associate in your practice? As an SFT member you have access to the Career Center located on the website. Once you have logged in you can look for a job or post a job if you are hoping to hire. Job postings will remain active for 90 days and can be renewed. This is a free service to our members!
• SFT Staff - The SFT staff is dedicated and eager to assist you with any questions or help you find resources in a quick and courteous fashion. If they don’t know the answer they will do the research and find it for you. Call them at 334-395-4666 or send them an email.
• Continuing Education - At the annual Therio Conference, you can stay on top of reproductive veterinary medicine by meeting with your colleagues and hearing world-class speakers at the same time. Webinars are held throughout the year to give members an additional resource for getting their required CE hours and updates on the profession. Members receive reduced registration fees to the conference and receive the conference proceedings regardless of whether they are able to attend.
• Webinars – another form of continuing education, free to SFT members through the www.therio.org website. Past webinars are archived on the website for members so that if you missed one you can watch or watch again for a refresher.
• BSE Software Program - Electronic Breeding Soundness Evaluation (eBSE) forms software program is continually being updated to serve the needs of the members. Exclusively for SFT members, this replaces the paper version of the BSE. It can be ordered through the website in the SFT store or you may call our office to order.
• SFT-SA and SFT-LA listservs – gives members access to small animal and large animal listserv for case discussion with other members/specialists.
• SFT apparel – available only to SFT members, you can place an order for clothing and outwear items through Lands End directly through the website, www.therio.org and arrange to have the SFT logo placed on your items.
• Participation - The SFT is for veterinarians, and run by veterinarians. The Executive Board, elected from members, look out for your interests, as well as continually upgrading and improving the association and the annual meeting. Your participation is critical in helping the SFT be successful, and there are several committees that you can volunteer to serve on. When a key issue in reproductive veterinary medicine surfaces, members have peace of mind knowing a group of their peers is working to address it.
• Clinical Theriogenology Journal is the association’s official publication dedicated to keeping members informed on veterinary issues. Brought to you on a quarterly schedule, this publication brings you the latest in research, items of interest and association news.
• E-Newsletters - The SFT E-Newsletter is broadcast via email to keep you abreast of current issues as they arise.
• Public Relations - The SFT public relations/communications director works with the media to increase public awareness of important topics as well as to promote reproductive veterinarians and the value of their veterinary services.
• “Find-A-Vet” for Pet Owners/Breeders - Pet owners/Breeders and the general public has the ability to locate SFT member veterinarians by searching this feature based on location or a specific procedure/interest. The public view will contain the SFT members’ clinic address and phone number. A member may opt out of this feature at any time.
• Reduced rate on Elsevier’s Theriogenology Journal. Click here to subscribe.
• Theriogenology Foundation – as the giving arm of the ACT and SFT, the Foundation secures and allocates resources dedicated to advancing the science and practice of animal reproductive medicine. Assists with grants for speakers to student chapters, student travel and research. Sponsors canine breeder excellence seminars for the general public. For more information please visit www.theriofoundation.org.
• Social Media Presence - SFT is on Facebook and Twitter
Annual membership dues are $155 ($10 for students) and are due on January 1 each year (U.S. Funds only).
You may choose one of three methods to join the Society:
If paying by credit card, you may complete the Online Membership Application form and send it to the Society by clicking 'Submit' at the end.
Print off the Membership Application form, complete the form and fax/mail it to the SFT office. (download form here)
Contact the SFT office and request a membership application be faxed/mailed/emailed to you.