Proficiency in Theriogenology Award
The "Proficiency in Theriogenology Award”, sponsored by the Society for Theriogenology, is a student award to be given annually to one senior at each veterinary school/college in the United States and Canada.
This award will be presented in the form of a plaque to each of the winning students. The faculty at each school/college will be involved in the selection of a graduating student and will make the presentation on an appropriate day such as Senior Awards Day.
Below you will find the criteria for the award selection and an information form to submit to the office of the Society for Theriogenology.
The Board of Directors of the Society is confident that each school will select a well deserving student based on the criteria which has been established.
If you have any questions please call the Society office at 334.395.4666 or e-mail SFT-Students@franzmgt.com.
Guidelines for the Proficiency in Theriogenology Award
- Sponsored by Society for Theriogenology
- Senior award available to all Veterinary Schools/Colleges in the United States and Canada
- Faculty (ACT diplomats and/or other faculty involved in teaching theriogenology) at each school would select a graduating student.
- The SFT office would be notified by the appropriate deadline (please see below) with the name and school.
- The SFT office would be responsible for plaque and shipment to school.
- The award (plaque) would be presented on Senior Awards Day.
Criteria for award selection
- Senior student deemed to have illustrated proficiency in clinical theriogenology
- Areas that could be considered as criteria
1. Grades or evaluations in clinical rotation and/or theriogenology electives
2. Grades or evaluations from didactic theriogenology course or electives
3. Practitioner evaluations that relate competence in theriogenology while on externships
4. Participation in Student SFT organization
5. Participation in theriogenology-based research project
6. Participation on palpation team
7. Presentation delivered at SFT meeting
Since the colleges utilize various schedules for senior rotations, the SFT office makes available the following submission dates in an effort to provide the best fit for your colleges’ schedule
o If notified by Dec. 1 of each year, plaque will be shipped by Dec. 30.
o If notified by Jan. 1 of each year, plaque will be shipped by Jan. 31.
o If notified by Feb. 1 of each year, plaque will be shipped by Feb. 28.
o If notified by March 1 of each year, plaque will be shipped by March 31.
o If notified by April 1 of each year, plaque will be shipped by Apr 30.
- The SFT office will provide a plaque to each school for presentation
- The award to be presented on Senior Awards Day.